Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Six Months

I arrived in Baghdad six months ago today, on August 16th. When I was hired by the State Department as a temporary employee, they asked for a minimum six month contribution. I've now met that requirement. My guess is that I'll stay here another four months or so, then return home to Virginia for the summer to milk cows and figure out what's next. Iraqi is really not a place you want to be making grand plans about the future.