Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Friday, February 18, 2005

A Perfect Day

Today was absolutely amazing in Baghdad: 70 degrees with a slight breeze and bright blue skies. I took the opportunity to enjoy an afternoon cigar in front of Adnan Palace (of course, it wasn't really "perfect" -- I could hear a firefight in the distance). It's days like today that I will surely miss when I return from Iraq.

Unfortunately I expect the next few days to be filled with bad news. We are now at the muslim holiday of Ashura. I'm sure the terrorists will "celebrate" these holy days with mosque bombings and attacks on other religious sites. Pathetic.