Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Off-Topic: UNC vs. Duke

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the big college basketball game tonight too:

"Now I realize that school spirit is a pretty goofy thing to some people, and we don't really have a reason to hate other institutions of higher learning, but I'll tell you something -- I hate Duke with an infernal passion undying. I hate every leaf of every tree of that sickening campus. I hate every fake cherub 1930s Gothic piece of crap that litters the buildings like hemorrhoidal testaments to their imagined superiority. When I see those Dookie boneheads shoe-polishing their faces navy blue on national television, squandering their parents' money with their fratty elitist bad sportsmanship antics and Saab stories, I want to puke all over Durham."