Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Thursday, February 03, 2005


I'm getting back into the normal swing of work. This morning I had to go out to the airport, affectionately known here as BIAP. Of course, going to BIAP means two trips on the airport road, Route Irish. The trip out to the airport was uneventful; but we did take some small arms fire on the way back. Its the first time I can recall actually having a round hit the vehicle I was travelling in. Luckily we were in a fully armored Suburban (as I always am on that road). Still, not exactly how you want to start your morning . . .