Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Thursday, January 06, 2005


One of the benefits of staying out in the field is the ability to spend some time on the range. I just acquired a Benelli M-90 tactical shotgun, and this my first chance to try it out. It's the perfect weapon for me- all I need to do is just point it in the general direction of the bad guys and pull the trigger. I'm also getting fairly proficient with my Glock. I still need more work with the long guns though.