Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Killing the New MSM Meme

I've been reading the coverage, and watching the pundits. This appears to be the new line of dissent:

"Yes, Iraqis voted today in massive numbers. But voting isn't democracy."

I agree. But that's also like saying that the best college basketball team didn't win the NCAA championship. It may be true, but they ARE wearing the rings. Wanna see my purple finger?