Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Heating Up in Baghdad

As I'm sure many of you have read in the press, things are definitely heating up here in Baghdad. It seems every night when I leave my office I can hear the steady clack-clack of small arms fire. The car bomb at the Commando Compound over a mile away blew out some of the windows in our palace. And yesterday an IED that hit a US convoy was so powerful that it flipped over a 50,000 lb Bradley fighting vehicle. The terrorists are attacking hot and heavy to justify a delay of the January 30th elections. Lets hope they don't succeed.