Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Tougher Cyber-Security Measures Urged

Tougher Cyber-Security Measures Urged :

"'There is not enough attention on cyber-security within the administration,' said Paul B. Kurtz, the alliance's director and a former senior cyber-security official in the Bush administration. 'The executive branch must exert more leadership.' "

Paul and I worked together in the White House at the Homeland Secuirty Council. Paul worked for the infamous Dick Clarke prior to assuming the lead role on cyber-security for the administration. I'm not sure exactly what the criticism is here; Paul WAS the executive branch leadership during his tenure. Is he criticizing his own efforts?