Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I agree with the Democratic Leadership Council

Bye Bye Kofi: "The secretary general should place this critical mission ahead of his personal interests, and step aside. "

Actually, I agree with a few other of their positions as well. Like promotion of democracy to build the Middle East, staying the course in Iraq, . . .

UPDATE: Apparently the DLC has revised the title of the article and, uh, "clarified" its stance. The DLC is only calling for Kofi to step aside from the investigation, not resign. For a minute there I thought the DLC had taken a brilliant step in proving it had the chops to drive foreign policy and international relations . . . (Hat tip: Instapundit)