Cigars in the Sand

Commentary, Notes and Pictures from my time in Iraq

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baghdad, Iraq

Farmer by genetics, Lawyer by training, currently "vacationing" in Iraq and advising the Iraqi government on border security issues. Before moving to Baghdad, I served in the White House as Deputy Counsel for the Homeland Security Council. I can be reached at opusxryanathotmaildotcom.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Andy Card would be perfect for Treasury

Oliphant looks at the possibility of Andy Card for Secretary of the Treasury: "He was in Bush II campaign from the beginning, and while he is a chief of staff more involved with operations and control than policy, his skills are considerable. I'm a believer that almost anybody can do almost anything, and Card is a perfect example of the type."

I agree wholeheartedly. Secretary Card is one of the most capable men I have ever met, and it was an honor to work for him. In addition, he's about the nicest and most genuine person you could possibly imagine. He treated everyone with respect and had an open-door policy for White House staffers to voice their complaints. I hope he is appointed.